Extending the Interface Capability of the VM2
These circuits may also be designed into a custom application board.
Industrial I/O Cards
- I2C cable supplied
- Fully integrated with Venom language
- Pluggable screw terminals - 'Combicon'
- Industry standard signal levels
- Up to 16 cards can be daisy chained together
- LED level indicators
- Isolated input and outputs
- Optional Long Distance I2C Interface (I2C Bus voltage must be set to 5V)
Digital Output Card
Digital Input Card
* Getting 128 Channels
Also described are a WiFi adapter that plugs into an application board, and an RS-232 converter between the VM2's logic level serial interfaces and RS-232 signalling levels.
The Wifi Adapter carries a Gainspan GS2100 wifi module and plugs into the breakout connections of either of our application boards. It can either be soldered in direct or plugged into a 10 way socket (supplied) for evaluation.
The 5921 acts very like the ethernet controller on the Application board, allowing TCP/IP software on the VM2 to connect to a LAN or the internet, or providing an access point for a laptop, tablet or smartphone, typically to a web server on the VM2.
18/12-bit Analogue I/O Port - Product Code 5624
- 1 channel up to 18-bit differential input
- 8 channels 12-bit input
- 2 channels 12-bit output
- I2C bus
- Prototyping area - uncommitted array on 2.54mm pitch
This Analogue I/O Port allows the VM1 or VM2 controller to read 8 analogue inputs and generate 2 analogue outputs at 12 bit resolution, and also to read one analogue input at upto 18 bits.
Up to 2 of these Analogue I/O Ports may be connected to each I2C Bus, though in this case the 18-bit inputs are not easily usable.
The Analogue I/O Port will plug directly into the I2C connector on the Application Boards.
The kit includes an I2C cable and additional connectors.
Digital I/O Port
The Digital I/O Port plugs directly into the I2C connector on the Application Boards.
The kit includes an I2C cable.
RS-232 Level Shifter
Converts between logic-level serial interfaces and industry standard RS-232 levels on a standard 9 pin D-type connector (plug). It may be useful for
- Developing designs where an RS232 serial port is needed for development but not in the final product.
- Adding more RS232 ports to a standard VM2 Application Board.