Application Boards for the VM2
Often our customers will design their own application board, or have us do it for them. As these are mostly relatively simple circuits the investment in design and production facilities is relatively low.
However it may not make sense for you to develop your own custom application board if you are just prototyping a project or have a small production run, so we offer a range of Standard Application Boards.
The Application Boards shown below are compatible with all versions of VM2 controller, although the VM2L will not be able to drive some of the interfaces on Application Boards 2 and 3.
Assembly of Controller and Application Board
a PCB carrying all your interface circuits.
VM2 Application Board 1 (Breakout Board)
- RS232 level shifters & D9 connector on Serial Port 1
- I2C bus - to add more interfaces
- Program mode and Reset switches
- EEPROM socket
- Prototyping Areas
- Powered by 5 - 16V DC, typically 50 mA
- Regulated 3.3VDC available
Product code: 5905
VM2 Application Board 2
Product Code: 5902
VM2 Application Board 3
- Touchscreen display interface (display and adapter available separately)
- Ethernet on RJ45 socket
- MicroSD memory card socket for GBytes of fixed storage
- USB Host controller for GBytes of removable storage
- USB Device, to access VM2's internal Flash File System
- 2 x RS232 serial ports
- RS485 Serial Port (half-duplex)
- I2C Bus (3.3V or 5V) - to add more interfaces
- CAN Bus
- Alphanumeric LCD interface (3.3V or 5V)
- Loudspeaker (plays PWM 'beeps' or WAV sounds)
- EEPROM for non-volatile application settings or parameters
- 4 x 4 Matrix Keypad interface, or 8 general purpose digital I/Os
- Power supply (Switch Mode: 7.5 - 28 VDC; 12VDC if using display)
Product code: 5922